Saturday, July 14, 2012

THE SKY IS FALLING ! THE SKY IS FALLING !

That's ummm ...  It's called .... Well, it's been so long since I've seen any I kind of forget.
I actually did a little storm chasing today.  I was going to check on Aman's livestock, and before leaving home I checked radar.  There was this little red dot north of Darwin.  As I got farther north the sky got deeper blue and darker.  I went on north of Darwin and eventually found this
It was wet road!  And no irrigator around!  I'd about forgotten what it looked like.  However, it won't do that corn any good
 I guess it's not just me.  By the time I got back to Aurora Bend the road was dry again.  But as I was checking things in Darwin I came back to the truck to find this
Very odd.

Sue and I went to Marshall this evening and actually saw water in the ditches!  I'm told there were spots that got 4 inches of rain today.  I'm guessing I had a couple tenths at my house.  Come to think of it I have a gauge up.  Kind of forget how to use it.  Aman's neighbor thought he had about an inch.

This is the first Saturday night in WEEKS I haven't had an irrigator running.  I'll probably start one tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment