Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lost a friend today

I haven't heard it "officially", but it appears we lost a friend today. 

I didn't know him that well, but he and Aman were close.  He bought an old pickup from me back in April and was one of Aman's seed customers.  From what we are hearing Paul had gotten his grain truck safety tested and was on the way home when he had a heart attack.

I heard the ambulance call earlier today.  Driver of a grain truck a mile or so from the elevator was gasping for air.  Local first responder was on scene and called for ambulance.  Then we heard CPR was in progress.  The responding ambulance began transport and asked for a paramedic intercept.  We could tell from the traffic it was not a good situation and wondered if it was anyone we knew?

A mutual friend made a comment on Facebook about him, then one of his friend responded with this:
"I was talking to him on the phone when it happened he was laughing and jokin' till the end ,then he said ''I'm gettin' light headed as fu#*'',...then he laid the phone down I could hear the ol grain truck driving down into the ditch,..."

I guess it shouldn't  have been a big surprise.  He had a heart attack earlier this year (late last year?) and had been a bit concerned about being able to farm this Spring.  Still, you're never really ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment