Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hello Amy from Cell One ...

Amy called as I was drilling wheat this afternoon.  I told her if she wanted to see what I was doing to look on the farm web site. Here is the tractor I was driving
I was pulling this
With it I can plant wheat 30 feet wide with every pass through the field.  This little box is my GPS unit with autosteer
It plugs in to a little antenna on the roof that reads signals from several satellites to determine its position.   This tractor is "auto-steer ready" which means I plug in a cable from the tractor to it, touch the button (see the green steering wheel in the lower right corner?) and it steers itself. I just fold up the steering wheel and let it go

Which frees me up to talk on by Blue Parrot headset through my iPhone

Make sense now?


.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment