Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quick update

Took the busted differential to Russ Fisher's yesterday and traded for a used one.  Went to unload it from the pickup this morning and Ralph goes, "What's that?  Looks like a piece of a gear!"  We pulled the power divider off and it was not quite up to specs.  Seems one of the gears was rather chewed up and some others were not great. (I forgot to get a photo).  So we took it back and got another one.  This one looks great.  The plan is to put it together Friday morning then start on the sleeper removal and PTO install.

Ralph said while we were this close it would be foolish not to replace the drive shaft seals.  So when I left Fisher's I wondered around to the other side of the airport runway to Terre Haute Truck Center.  Walked in and said I needed the input shaft seal for an Eaton 402.  Parts guy says "That's a 127719." and walked back and grabbed one off the shelf.  I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment